Eduardo Briceño is a global keynote speaker, facilitator, and author who guides many of the world’s leading companies in developing cultures of learning and high performance. His new book The Performance Paradox: Turning the Power of Mindset into Action examines the relationship between hard work and performance and the counter-intuitive balance between the two. In today’s episode we break down why working harder can actually hinder performance, how to master a skill exponentially faster, learning from your mistakes, what the world’s most elite performers (like Tom Brady, Beyonce, and Serena Williams) all have in common, and what you need to do today to upgrade your performance. If you’re wondering how to boost your performance and master a skill much faster, check this episode out now you’re going to love it.
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
• How the performance paradox was founded
• Eduardo’s work with Carol Dweck
• Why working harder can oftentimes hurt your performance
• Breaking a skill down to minor details and mastering them
• The learning zone vs. the performance zone
• Inherent ability vs. practicing and mastering to get good
• The neuroplasticity of the brain
• How to learn from your mistakes
• The common traits that all master performers have in common
• Learning a new skill at any age
Check out Eduardo on: