David Sears, US Navy SEAL Commander (Ret.), speaker, and author of the new book Smarter Not Harder: 17 Navy SEAL Maxims to Elevate Critical Thinking and Prosper in Business and Life, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dave talks about his time in the Special Forces as a Navy SEAL and what he learned about life from constantly pushing himself to the limit physically and mentally. He breaks down the key lessons he learned after spending over 20 years in the military and how this shaped his mindset and ability to critical think on the fly and how others can cultivate their critical thinking abilities to prosper. If you’re wondering how to upgrade your mindset and learn how to prosper in business and in life, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
• What the hardest part about being a Navy SEAL was
• What Dave misses most about being in the military
• Why so many people struggle with PTSD after being in the military
• Reconditioning yourself to civilian life
• How David Sears deals with stress
• Whether or not he feared death
• Focusing on the task at hand to have the right mindset
• The lack of a purpose that so many individuals struggle with in life
• The thrill and excitement of doing new things and overcoming challenges
• The most important maxim that Dave learned while he was an active SEAL
• Why so many people fail out of SEAL training
• The mental toughness that you must have to be a SEAL
• What it means to work smarter not harder
• Having a never quit attitude in life and in the military
• The role that hard work plays in success
• Having a plan and executing on that plan
• The role of creativity in success
Check out David on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Go to calderalab.com and use the coupon code ELITEMAN at checkout for 20% off.