Mike Fairclough, headmaster, internationally acclaimed educator, and author of the new book Wild Thing: Embracing Childhood Traits in Adulthood for a Happier, More Carefree Life, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Mike talks about embracing your childhood traits so that you can lead a more carefree and successful life as an adult. He talks about the difference in his philosophy as a headmaster, what he does radically different with his students (shooting guns/foraging food), and which characteristics adults need to adopt from kids to help them be happier and more fulfilled today. If you’re wondering how to live more like a kid (and find more success and fulfillment) in today’s fast-paced adult world, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
• What Mike did differently than most schools during the Shutdown of 2020
• How his teaching philosophy differs greatly from that of most teachers and schools
• The fact Mike’s school only had 4 cases of covid despite being fully open (and these 4 cases were quite innocuous and recovered quickly)
• Why connecting with nature is so important both for children and for adults
• Why his students perform so well when splitting time between inside and outside learning
• How to go about teaching kids how to shoot guns and carry knives the safe way
• Why teaching children how to take care of themselves is critical for their learning and development inside the classroom but also in the real world
• Building up resiliency in a child’s life
• The power of nature
• Having a carefree attitude, not a careless one
• Seeing the world through the eyes of a child
• What schools in America could learn from the schools in Europe adopting the hands-on and experiential approach to teaching that Mike advocates
• The fact his students outperform many high school level students in the US
• How much sovereignty children should have
• Which traits adults should cultivate from children
• The most important trait that children have that adults lack
• How to start living a carefree life today, even if you’re old
• Creativity and the power this has in our lives
• Breaking the rules, in a good way
• How our lives can change when we harness the power that children so readily possess
Check out Mike on:
Book: Wild Thing
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!
*Go to elitenucalm.com to get 50% off your 30-day subscription of NuCalm.
*Go to calderalab.com and use the coupon code ELITEMAN at checkout for 20% off.
*Go to BoxofAwesome.com and use the code ELITEMAN for 20% off your first order.