Jim Stavis, author, speaker, CEO, and triple organ transplant survivor, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Jim talks about how to live life on your terms despite what others tell you and despite whatever challenge comes your way. He shares his story of being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at an early age and how he overcame a crippling diagnosis from doctors who told him he wouldn’t live past age 50. Jim talks about his mindset, his perseverance, his determination, and his commitment to live life to the fullest despite his many health challenges which included a triple organ transplant of the heart, kidney, and pancreas. If you’re wondering how to live an untethered life in which you do all the things you want to do, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Why doctors told Jim at a very young age that he would not live past the age of 50
- The chronic disease that Jim was diagnosed with early on in life
- The fact that Jim is one of the only people to ever survive a triple organ transplant of the heart, kidney, and pancreas
- Why Jim was motivated by his health condition and the fact that he didn’t let the dire diagnosis get to him
- Whether or not it’s better to express your struggles with others or whether it’s better to keep it to yourself
- The fact that we’re living in such an incredible age of information and have so many opportunities for growth and change
- What gave Jim hope and instilled in him a belief that he was going to be fine and that his life would not be one of sickness and death, but one of hope and happiness
- The power of hope and what it can do for your health and life
- Having a pessimistic look vs. and optimistic look on life
- Moving forward in life and not letting bad things hold you back from doing what you want
- The blessing in disguise that Jim’s disease actually turned out to be
- Why Jim did a lot more than he would have done had he not been diagnosed with diabetes
- Living life on your terms and doing the things that make you happy, no matter what anyone else tells you
- How Jim dealt with the setbacks of having diabetes and how he got past them
- The time that Jim’s heart stopped for 30 minutes
- Not living your life in fear despite the many possibilities of something bad or dangerous happening
- 3 phases of bulletproof resilience
- Enduring through the pain and loss of something
- Having hope that you can overcome anything that comes your way
- Helping others getting past their struggles
- Building up your resiliency so that anything tough that comes your way is easy to deal with
- Getting over the loss of a loved one using your resiliency
- Choosing to look at your life in a way that’s going to be beneficial to you
Check out Jim on:
*Follow Justin on Instagram at Instagram.com/JustinStenstrom.
*Subscribe to our YouTube channel by going to EliteManMagazine.com/youtube right now!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.